I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

21/01/2017

Resident Evil SCENTED CANDLE?!

So, Resident Evil 7 is coming out. And I actually like the look of this one - they're finally bringing back the claustrophobic old mansion setting of the original games rather than wide open peasant villages and boring cruise liners. The special edition goodies also look pretty nice - though notice how the European “finger” USB actually looks like a finger rather than a piece of charred male genitalia.

Anyway, while mooching around Amazon the other day, I came across this
Yes; a Resident Evil 4D SCENTED CANDLE.

Firstly, “4D” is a misnomer, as the fourth dimension deals with time - if anything it's a 3D candle - but I'd have just called it an immersive candle or a VR candle - because what this candle is designed to do is enhance the experience of playing Resident Evil 4 using a VR headset by making your room smell like the mansion.

...A scented candle that smells like a survival horror game. Right.

When I first read that, several ideas came to mind about what Resident Evil could possibly smell like. Dust? Mildew? Rotting flesh?

Apparently it smells like blood and timber. Lovely, just what everyone wants their living room to smell like - an accident at an abandoned logging mill.

And I'm sure our girlfriends/fiancees/wives won't be too pleased about it - I know mine isn't! I wanted to pre-order one to review and Shelly won't let me. Amusing really, since all she does is fill our house with incense and scented candles herself, but I digress.

I agree it would probably make the game more immersive whilst playing with a VR headset, but in theory, so would covering yourself in Brussels Pate and allowing several rabid dogs to bite your testicles.

But it got me thinking about something else; what other games could employ this scented candle idea? What other games would actually smell pretty damn good if condensed down into candle form?
Mmmm, hot elixir soup!

Awesome, greasy burgers!

Lush lawns, flowers and various animal dung.

Ground meat and freshly waxed floors.

200 year old freeze dried macaroni cheese and scorched wasteland?

Hmmm, blood and timber… hang on.

How about you? Got any ideas for other games that could smell good in candle form? How about other horror/gore games that could also work with the blood and timber Resident Evil candle?

No comments:

Post a Comment