I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

25/02/2017

Japanese Super Mario Stacking Game

Whilst trawling Amazon for some fun things to unbox and review, I found several Japanese import Mario toys - most of them selling for under £10 each with postage - as long as you didn't mind waiting for the package to come from Japan.

Naturally I jumped at the chance and grabbed a couple of them. One of them I bought was this; a stacking game of sorts - in which you balance red, green and clear mushrooms on a warp pipe with a wobbly base.
As I don't speak Japanese, I can't tell you any of the rules or object of the game - but I'm assuming the aim of the game is to see how many of your mushrooms you can stack onto the wobbly warp pipe before it topples over. And as there are 14 clear mushrooms, 4 red mushrooms and 2 green mushrooms - I assume red are worth more points than clear ones and green ones are worth more points than red ones.

It's very well made and the mushrooms themselves are well painted - the warp pipe is sturdy and wobbles pretty well when under the strain of holding multiple mushrooms. Not bad for something that cost me less than £8.

Here's some shots of the box itself - if anybody speaks Japanese and can give me some rough translations of anything this box has written on it - I would be most grateful. :)
Front view
Side view


Side view
Back view
Top view
Bottom view
And if you wish to hear me make funny noises while attempting to balance all of the mushrooms on the pipe base, here's a video:

No comments:

Post a Comment