I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

04/12/2015

Unboxing Video: 1995 Sonic The Hedgehog McDonald's Happy Meal Toys

I love eBay. :)

My latest find was a set of SEALED Sonic The Hedgehog Happy Meal toys from 1995 - 20 years old, potentially older than some of my readers.

So of course, I decided to upset some collectors and tear into the 20-year-old plastic bags for my latest unboxing video.


In the 90s, McDonald's Happy Meal toys came in smaller sets, usually of four or five - unlike the sheer mountains they bring out nowadays - so the complete set only contains four figures; Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Dr Robotnik - I originally thought they were from Sonic & Knuckles, which was the Sonic game released in 1995 - but they're actually from Sonic The Hedgehog 3, the US had these figures two years previously, in 1993.

Here's some close-up photographs of each toy:
Sonic The Hedgehog
Dr Robotnik
Miles "Tails" Prower
Knuckles The Echidna
The complete set
Shelly managed to find the original US commercial for these figures on YouTube - it's quite funny. 

Also, notice how the design of the Tails toy has changed? Perhaps the original design was dangerous?

No comments:

Post a Comment