I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

05/08/2018

Review: There's Poop In My Soup

There’s Poop in My Soup is a physics-based arcade game by K Bros. Games released on Steam in March, 2016.

The premise of the game is as such - you play a little man who is perching on a rooftop with a belly full of poops - using WASD you can aim your crosshair and fire your poops with the space bar. Once you have unlocked them, you can also activate level specific power-ups using F. Revolving around the arcade-style scoring system you are encouraged to build up multipliers by hitting multiple targets with your poop or hitting consecutive targets without missing.


Each level comes equipped with its own “To Poo” list, which is a list of riddles that hint at what you should be aiming at. These can range from landing a fresh turd on the head of a hipster or punk rocker with a mohawk to managing to ricochet your poops using awnings to hit speeding taxi cabs. There are also somewhat grosser tasks such as replacing a forlorn kid’s dropped ice cream with your own chocolate soft serve, pooping into soup, rice and coffee (depending on the location) getting revenge on dogs by pooping on them for a change and of course, landing a stinker in a baby carriage.


As you tick off the targets on your list, you will be rewarded with larger amounts of “ammo” per level and more uses of your F key powerup. These powerups vary from stage to stage - the New York one being a giant bowel ball that explodes into thousands of tiny turds, the China one being explosive fireworks that rain down on the unsuspecting people below and the France one being a constant stream of diarrhea for 60 seconds that can be used to drown the city with your decadence.


Using the Steam Workshop you can download skins for your character - changing him from a naked guy with exploding orange hair into the likeness of YouTubers and political leaders, including one named Donald Dump… 

What was disappointing for me was that there was no in-game avatar editor - I would have loved to have made a likeness of myself… Nothing would make pooping on strangers funnier than doing it in the guise of yourself. But no such feature exists - instead it’s limited to those with programming knowledge who download the necessary editing tools.


A very simple premise is also oddly addictive - and includes some challenging score targets to hit and Steam achievements that involve racking up massive amounts of pooping points. Naturally as this is a 79p casual Steam game, it’s designed to be played in short bursts, and if you tend to gulp games, like I do - you can hammer out all of the tasks and achievements in just under an hour - but it’s a fun little time waster and great fun to show to your squeamish friend who is really grossed out by poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment