I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

19/06/2018

Mog Anarchy's Creative Writing Competition

Oi you lot, in the mood to be creative and win some Steam games? In honour of hitting my 1500 subscribers mark on YouTube, I’m running a little competition… A creative writing competition, to be exact. I want to see your amazing creativity channeled through your keyboards and presented in the form of lovely little stories, poems and plays...

EVERY entrant will receive a Steam key! I bought a big bundle of random keys (admittedly I have no idea what they are until they are redeemed, I can’t guarantee they’ll be triple A titles) - and thus have plenty spare! The one(s) I like the best will receive either a gift card or Steam wallet gift… or I’ll buy ‘em a game from their wishlist.

The only requirement I'm asking is that you make the main character of your story either me, Cat Chaos or Charm Agony. You may include all 3 of us, only one of us, any combination. Can be 1st or 3rd person and can be a piece of short prose or written in a script/play format with just dialogue or even some poetry!

Feel free to include your own original characters or any characters from games/comics/movies etc - feel free to be as realistic or as nonsensical as you want! And sure, if you really can't control yourself, I'll even allow more *ahem* adult content.

I'm not enforcing a strict word count limit or anything like that - but when I say “short,” I mean don't write half a novel. A couple of pages will do fine - double that if you're writing a script/screenplay style thing to account for the spacing.

I would like to read some of the entries out - perhaps in character, or as all of my characters doing a sort of “dramatic reading” type video or several videos… And if I *really* take to your idea… I may steal it and rework it into a skit! So bear that in mind, you lot!

Make sure you get your entries in by the 3rd of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment