I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

17/07/2014

Pokémon Yellow Nuzlocke Challenge: Part 4

After beating Lt. Surge, I talk to Officer Jenny outside the gym and get me a free Squirtle - I name him TANKER. I doubt I'll use him, unless my lovely Leviathan dies and I need a replacement water-type. 

Now knowing Cut, I use Whoop-Ass to enter Route 9, where my team makes short work of the junior trainers and hikers, as well as catching a Nidoran (F) in the long grass. She's a fall-back if Pinpoint were to die, I name her BLOWDART.


I heal up at the Pokémon Centre outside Rock Tunnel then enter the immense darkness. I did teach Flash to Spoony, so I'll visiting the move deleter later on to get rid of this useless move... Anyway, I catch a Zubat, name it BATSHIT, as in batshit crazy - what is what we all go when we're bogged down by these cave-dwelling fuckers. :)


Rock Tunnel didn't cause me anywhere near as much trouble as Mt. Moon did, nobody died or even came close to dying - so we make it to Lavender Town fairly unscathed. In Lavender Town, I briefly stop at Pokémon Tower to battle Blue, but don't venture past the 1st floor, as I don't yet have the Silph Scope. Blue is easily dealt with, and we set off to the southern route (I forget its name) to grind some levels with the dopey fishermen trainers. 


After this, we set off to Route 7 and mooch about in the tall grass, but I don't find anything new to capture. I was hoping to find a Vulpix, but I think they only appear here in Blue/Red, not in Yellow. I battle the random trainers dotted about and grind some levels in the grassy areas; Chunky finally evolves!


On a related note, I bought a link cable from eBay and made an attempt to trade with my old Blue game to evolve Spoony and Chunky - but it turns out I've bought the wrong fucking cable - I've bought a Game Boy Advance cable, which apparently don't work with Game Boy or Game Boy Colour games. Fuck's sake. 


Upon arrival in Celadon City, I get the bonus items like the free TM and Coin Case, then pay a visit to the recluse at the back of the Celadon Mansion. I deposit Chunky in the PC to make room for my lovely feebie Eevee! (I name him SPIKE.) I also buy a few TMs and get a drink for the stupid thirsty guards at the entrances to Saffron. I hope they all enjoy sharing one bottle of water. (Yes, I'm cheap. :P)


While in Celadon, I also pick up a Thunderstone and evolve Spike up into an epic Jolteon. Ah, the days where Jolteon was clearly the best electric type Pokémon...


Before I headed off to Team Rocket's Hideout, I used Cut to get onto Route 16, where I caught myself a Doduo. I named it SPAZZIE - after Spazzie McGee - a.k.a. the emu in this viral picture: 

So, I go to the Rocket Hideout, nothing really eventful happens - I pick up all the items, beat all of the grunts - then kick Giovanni's ground-type arse with Leviathan and grab the Silph Scope. With this in hand, I head back to Pokémon Tower. 

Here, I capture a Gastly, who I name CASPER. He can be a psychic fall-back in case Spoony dies. I grind some levels here and then rescue Mr. Fuji and get the Poké Flute. 


Just one more thing I decided to do before getting Erika's Rainbowbadge - I went to wake up the two Snorlax. I capture one of them and knock out the other - the one I caught, I nicknamed SHELLY. After my fianceé of course. Snorlax became her nickname after I got her into Pokémon. :P


So, after all of this sidequest nonsense, I go back to Celadon to battle Erika - it all goes well until a wrap/poison condition kills Whoop-Ass! My second DEATH... Argh, and I haven't caught a replacement fire-type yet... 

Spoony finishes off Erika's team, and I go to pay my respects to Whoop-Ass. I put him in Box 12 with Chewy. :(
R.I.P. Whoop-Ass. :( 


TEAM: 6
STORAGE: 14
DEAD: 2

CURRENT TEAM:

TL;DR:
GIFT - Squirtle, level 15, TANKER

ROUTE 9 - Nidoran (F), level 17, BLOWDART

ROCK TUNNEL - Zubat, level 17, BATSHIT

GIFT - Eevee, level 25, SPIKE

ROUTE 16 - Doduo, level 26, SPAZZIE

POKÉMON TOWER - Gastly, level 26, CASPER

ROUTE 12 - Snorlax, level 30, SHELLY

WHOOP-ASS DIED! - killed by Erika's level 32 Gloom

[Part 3] [Part 5]

No comments:

Post a Comment