I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

27/12/2013

Miiverse Code Of Conduct: The Strangest Guideline Ever?

So as I said in my last post, I've had a few posts on the Miiverse taken down because I wrote a link to my blog in them - thus I've become very bitter and twisted and started reporting any other posts I see with web links or YouTube profiles or whatever in them. 

So I decided to review the Miiverse Code Of Conduct to see exactly WHERE it said this - and I came across a very strange rule; one that I've never seen on Xbox Live guidelines, forum rules and general online gaming and social platforms. It was something along the lines of:

"PLAYERS MUST NOT POST ANYTHING RELATING TO EXCREMENT, VOMITING ETC. WHICH MAY MAKE OTHER USERS FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE."

Seriously, WTF?

Not that I would, but we're not allowed to mention puke or poop? Well I had a good long trawl through the Earthbound community - because when I think of vomit in video games, I think of this guy:



This is Master Belch (later known as Master Barf) from Earthbound - an animated, talking, evil pile of VOMIT. So Nintendo, are us members of the Earthbound community not allowed to discuss tactics or opinions of this guy because he's a pile of sick?

As for "excrement" - there's tons of stuff, namely things like Conker's Bad Fur Day, No More Heroes, Banjo-Kazooie... Or even someone proclaiming "this game is crap", or "this game is the shit!" - are THESE against the community guidlines, Nintendo?

Fair enough, I can disagree with someone writing a huge in-depth description of the dump they took on Boxing Day, complete with its texture, scent and taste, no doubt was filled with pieces of turkey stuffing, mixed nuts and Christmas Cake - and probably smelled of Brussels sprouts - but where do we draw the line?

No comments:

Post a Comment