I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

18/10/2013

The Walking Dead: My Episode 1 Choices!

----------------------------------------------
Episode Selection:

SEASON 1:
[Episode 1] [Episode 2] [Episode 3] 
----------------------------------------------

I've recently completed The Walking Dead Xbox Live Arcade game. I bought all of the episodes for half price during an awesome sale and as soon as I started playing, I finished it in about 2 and a half days (I started it at like midnight on a Saturday, played more on the Sunday night and finished the last two episodes and DLC episode on the Monday) - and I loved it. It was something different - I've always liked point-and-click adventure games, but not actually played many of them.

I noticed that on the Xbox360Achievements.org forums, many players were discussing the choices they made throughout the game (If you've played it, you'll know that every choice you make affects the storyline to an extent) so here I'm going to discuss the choices I made and the reasons why I made them.

First off, if you've never played The Walking Dead and intend to in the future - DO NOT READ ON. There will be massive SPOILERS.

OK, first off, I hate kids. I really fucking hate kids. I especially hate them in the vast majority of games where you're not allowed to kill them. I've actually played games where it was considered OK to kill elderly and disabled people, but not children? What the actual fuck. So yes, if there were any choices involving children, I was going to make life difficult for the little cunts.

However, like many people, I fell in love with the character Clementine. Despite being 9 years old, she was an intelligent and resourceful kid - fucking living on her own in a treehouse during a zombie apocalypse! Every opportunity to help her, feed her or generally speak to her, I took. Unlike Duck, she wasn't an annoying little shit either...

This is a screenshot of my results from Episode 1:
I found that while the results are relatively equal for both choices, I was in the minority side for 4 out of the 5 possible choices.

Lied to Hershel: I tend to tell the truth in video games, I've found that it most often leads to rewards and positive results. One example is Final Fantasy VII - in Mideel, telling the truth to the residents allows you to keep items without resentment and also completes the Cursed Ring sidequest. In games like Fallout, I find telling the truth often helps you to maintain good karma and reputations with people.

(Tried to) Save Shawn: It was the fucking kid's fault Shawn was stuck under the tractor in the first place - Shawn was mint, I wish the little cunt on the tractor could have died instead! When Shawn died anyway, it launched my psychotic hatred towards Duck. Never again would I be civil to him.

Sided with Larry:  See above. Duck was a stupid cunt who deserved to be thrown to the walkers outside. Following this though, I also realised that Larry is a total twat as well...

Gave her the gun: She wanted to put herself out of her misery, it's only right. To an extent, I support euthanasia.

Saved Carley: She was the most useful out of the two, wasn't a headcase and knew how to handle herself. (i.e., she had a fucking gun!) She also seemed pretty chilled out about Lee's past...


----------------------------------------------
Episode Selection:

SEASON 1:
[Episode 1] [Episode 2] [Episode 3] 
----------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment