I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

10/09/2019

Fallout 4 Settlement Tour - Red Rocket Truck Stop

So I've set myself a challenge - build a thriving community at every available settlement within the base game and the six added with the game's DLC. I must keep my settlers as happy as possible and provide all of the amenities people would need to live comfortably (i.e. toilets, recreation, communal areas) - and many of the settlements will follow a specific theme. All of my settlers will also be armed and dressed painstakingly by hand...

For a full list of settlements and also to see which mods I've used, click here.

RED ROCKET TRUCK STOP

Aerial view of the settlement

For this settlement, I built around the existing gas station building itself whilst making use of the indoor space and the flat rooftop. To access the roof, I built this staircase, using pieces from the 'warehouse' section, structure pieces added by the Contraptions Workshop DLC. I can use it and so can the settlers who need to access the roof.

On the roof is the main power generator, a metal shack that can house 6 settlers. I manually assigned them to their beds so all of the shopkeepers live on the rooftop. This is also where I mounted all of the settlement's turrets. Being raised up so high, they have excellent range and *never* take damage from any attackers.

Being a former gas station, I decided to go with a scrapyard sort of aesthetic. I turned an abandoned school bus, trailer and two train box cars into the other settler housing, providing each one with either a sleeping bag or a mattress and either a footlocker or a duffel bag to keep their possessions in. I also used conduits to wire up the structures and lit them up inside.

In the central area, between two of the "houses," I also built a bathroom area, which includes several sinks, toilets and urinals for my settlers to use when needing to relieve themselves or wash up. To the left of the trailer home is an area for travelling merchants and their Brahmin.

In addition to the roof-mounted turrets, the settlement also has 3 guards stationed on raised guard towers and the 5 "pets" I chose for the settlers are tamed Mole Rats. As well as being pets, they also provide some defence. Nearby is an underground Mole Rat den, so I like to imagine the settlers were able to tame them. Obviously this was actually achieved via the use of a beta wave emitter.

There is a total of 4 powered water pumps, providing 40 water to the settlement. I built two main areas for the planting of crops, which are Mutfruit, Tatos, corn, carrots and via the use of the Homemaker mod, silt beans. In the top corner, there is a pen that houses 3 Brahmin. On the side of the main gas station building is a gym/recreation area with fitness equipment and around the back are all of the crafting benches.

For the shops, I built a long roofed structure with an open front. Each shop has its own stock shelves behind the shopkeeper and any other relevant items (i.e. first aid kits for the doctor.) This whole area is lit up beautifully at night and the settlers gather around the bar when they've finished working. To compliment this, I also built a seating area in front of the bar where they can hang out together.

Inside the gas station itself is another communal area and kitchen. The small office area has been changed into a room where the barber and facial surgeon work out of, along with 2 beds for the guards. My favourite area however is the large open garage - which I turned into another communal area with seating booths, vending machines, a jukebox and lots of wall decoration. This is also where the settlement's two cats hang out.

Here's some more screenshots - simply click to enlarge them.



And here's a guided video tour I made:

1 comment: