I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

17/03/2019

The Anxiety Goblin

Anxiety is a goblin who lives inside my head,
It makes me question all I do and everything that's said.
It makes me doubt the things that others say,
I'm afraid to speak my mind, I'm scared I'm in the way.

Sometimes I get frightened, sometimes I get scared,
I cannot deal with people, I'm socially impaired.
I'm afraid to leave my house, afraid to use my phone,
I isolate myself sometimes, often I'm alone.

The goblin interfering makes everything so much tougher,
His meddling with my brain, ensures I'll always suffer.
Simple tasks become overwhelming, impossible to complete,
Basic interactions are daunting, to manage them is no easy feat.

The anxiety goblin will often end up bored,
He fills my head with awful thoughts that just can't be ignored.
My train of thought is often jumbled, my memory is bad,
And when he's finished scaring me, his best friend makes me sad.

Depression is the goblin’s friend, he also lives up there,
He makes me feel flat and low and ensures that I don't care.
I neglect the basic things we’re expected all to do,
To clean and wash and tidy up, my life becomes askew.

Anxiety will tell me that nobody gives a toss,
To give it up and quit, as my life’s a total loss.
I'm nothing but a burden, a disappointment to them all,
He bullies me, insults my faults and makes me feel really small.

Depression says to write a note and go for a long walk at night.
To drown myself or hang myself or jump from a great height.
If all else fails and I can't end my life,
His cravings will be satisfied when blood is drawn by a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment