I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

21/08/2015

Apologies For My Absence

*THIS POST CONTAINS PHOTOS OF KITTENS!*

LOLHI. 

Regular readers (not the 100+ daily hits I get from people who find my Fallout: NV SPECIAL guide) will no doubt have noticed a lack of blog posts in the last 8 months. I haven’t updated since January. I’m back now – but allow me to explain my absence from blogging.

In February, I moved out of my mam’s house. This amuses everybody – I moved from #93 to #94 – on the same road. My bank manager thought this was hilarious. “…you only need to change the ‘3’ to a ‘4’…” The house we moved into could charitably be described as “somewhat dilapidated”. We had a really low budget, so I think what we've accomplished is pretty good. We were given a lot of stuff for the kitchen, some furniture and bought some 2nd stuff from the BHF – but it took us a long time to get the house into a liveable condition. 

I've moved in with my fiancée – but I've never not lived with my parents before. If you’re considering moving out – fucking do it. It’s amazing. Somehow, it’s improved my relationship with the folks. I think it’s because they now see me as a “proper” adult, if you like. I know I'm only renting a house, but the % of people from my generation who will be able to own their own house is pretty low. I hope to do it one day, but for the time being – Shelly and I have been together for 6 years, it’s about bloody time we moved in together. Lesbian U-Haul stereotype my arse.

This is cool – the house had no internet for a few months – until we had a brainwave. Move my dad’s wireless router into the front bedroom of his house and set up my computer in the living room downstairs with a wireless dongle on a long cable. FREE INTERNET BITCHES. All I have to do is occasionally text him to reset the stupid thing when it goes on the fritz.

I also started a new work placement at the end of January. I do two days a week – I’m in charge of copywriting, social media, SEO and guess what else? BLOGGING. I’m technically a professional blogger now. (This site uses my real name – ignore it, it’s shit. Hence why I prefer to go by Dixie.) 

I’m also working on a self-published novel, but let’s keep that on the down-low – I've written like 2 chapters in a year. It’s all planned and shit, but I just can’t get my arse in gear and frigging write something.

The best thing about moving into my own house was that I was allowed to have pets again. I had a cat growing up – she was a few months older than me, she died when I was 11. So I went 12 years without a cat. Now I have TWO.
The one on the left is male, and he is called Jet. The one on the right is female, and she is called Ruby. (And yes, I believe in neutering, they've both been done recently.)

Jet was originally called Jess. Like Postman Pat’s cat. (This reference will sail right over your head if you’re not British, I feel sorry for you if you grew up without Postman Pat.) Then we noticed that he had some fuzzy bits. He’d already learned his name though – so we settled on Jet. As in Whitby Jet, because he’s black. :)

I wanted to call him Maiq, like Maiq the Liar from Skyrim – but Shelly wouldn't let me. :( She named Ruby, I have no idea where she got the name from, but Ruby still doesn't respond to her name, the ignorant little cowbags. :P

I now have an excuse to post random photos of cats everywhere. If you like cats, let me know - and I'll fill my blog with pictures of my babies. :P
Sleeping together on my lap
Having fun in their play tunnel
Anyway, as this is a gaming blog, I feel that I should mention something about games. The house I now live in has essentially the same floor plan as my mam’s house (except she had two rooms knocked into one living room and we have two rooms knocked into a big kitchen-diner) – the room what was mine in my mam’s house is a spare room in mine. We use it to store books, games and computer stuff. Oh, and it has a bed in it too, obviously. I bought these shelves 2nd hand from eBay and my daddy put them up for me. 
By the way, this isn't even HALF of my games collection – which has grown since I now claim joint-ownership of everything Shelly has. (I now have a PS3 and an Atari 2600!) Our Xbox 360 and PS3 games are downstairs in the drawers of this amazing IKEA TV stand Ash’s mam gave us, our PS2 games are on the opposite side of the room spread out across 3 racks (Shelly has some fucking random PS2 games, I can tell you), my PC games are in another rack, downloaded games are metaphysical, obviously – and all of the loose cartridge games for the NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy, GBA, Atari, Mega Drive etc. are nicely put away in drawers and storage boxes to stop them from getting all dusty. My ideal “dream house”, which will be owned, not rented, will have a dedicated games room – but this is a happy medium for now. :)

So why all of a sudden have I started writing again?

Well, I've been toying with the idea for a while, but yesterday evening, I received an e-mail from a fan. Wow, I thought – this is the first time anybody’s ever e-mailed me. 

(By the way, feel free to e-mail me: mog_anarchy@hotmail.co.uk

He expressed that he liked my blog and had been following it for a while and requested that I start writing it again. This e-mail was the proverbial kick up the arse that I badly needed. 

I have a massive folder of half-finished posts, random ideas, tons of screenshots and photos I could use – I have plenty to write about. Albeit not about any “new” games, because there hasn’t been a decent release for years with the exception of remakes and sequels. 
Let’s hope I don’t lapse into my rut of playing modded to hell Skyrim every evening while Shelly bakes bread and pies (she’s a trained pastry chef, by the way, I've put on half a bloody stone since I moved in with her) and two kittens sitting on my lap and neglect my blog baby again. Honestly, I get 100+ hits daily – I know most of those come from people who find my Fallout: New Vegas guide – but if you’re a regular reader, please get in touch – hearing that there was SOMEONE who actually gave a shit about what I do really motivated me to start writing again.

Cheers babes. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment