I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

19/05/2014

Minecraft Creations: Mario Sprite Art

Today on Minecraft Creations, I present to you: the sprite art statue that likely every single Minecraft player has made at some point, likely their first attempt at sprite art: 
Yes, an 8-bit Mario from the original Super Mario Bros. on the NES. I did attempt to mix up the formula with a palette swap, using Mario's colours from the modern era, rather than the collection of brown/orange/red that the NES used.

Fun fact: the very first recorded instance of sprite art in Minecraft was an 8-bit Mario; made from dirt, wood and cobblestone - uploaded within like the first hour that the Minecraft servers ever went live. Seriously, Google it. If you've never made one yourself, you know what you need to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment