I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

10/12/2017

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Weed Pulling Badges Made Easy!

Phineas' badges were a welcome addition to Animal Crossing: New Leaf and something I really enjoyed striving towards. Admittedly some of them are just simply outrageously time-consuming and difficult, the majority of them will come naturally as you become addicted and sacrifice days, weeks, months, years of your life to your own town and its residents.

One badge that seems to really annoy people is the one for pulling weeds. Weeds appear daily in your town (as long as you haven't enacted the Beautiful Town ordinance) and can be plucked with B. At first the badge seems easy - especially if you could visit a dream town that's overrun with weeds? Well no, you can't. They have to be in either yours or a friends' town - and weeds seem to be scarce now the Beautiful Town ordinance is a thing.

So allow me to share my method - the somewhat less time-consuming and actually quite cost effective methods of farming and plucking "weeds."


  1. Talk to Kapp'n and pay 1000 bells to visit the Island.
  2. Talk to Leilani and go on a tour - I recommend either bug catching or fishing. Do not pick item matching, ore collecting or fossil matching, these won't work.
  3. While catching bugs/fish, pick up the flowers that are dotted around - fill your inventory
  4. Finish the tour, put the flowers in the drop-off box.
  5. You will have enough space for another full inventory and a few more - so complete 2 more tours. Any flowers you can't fit in the drop-off box, plant outside on your island.
  6. Once your box is full, return to your town. Open the drop-off box, fill your inventory with flowers and plant them all over your beach. 
  7. If you want to get the badges even faster, put away any hybrids or flowers you want to keep in storage and cover your whole town with these flowers.
  8. Talk to Isabelle and pick any ordinance EXCEPT beautiful town - we want these flowers to wilt, so ignore them, don't water them and don't trample them.
  9. Either wait or skip your DS clock forward a day - many of these flowers will have wilted. Wilted flowers are classed as WEEDS. Pluck the wilted ones and replace them with fresh ones from the Island.
  10. Repeat this process until you've managed to pluck FIVE THOUSAND wilted flowers. Hey, it's quicker than plucking 1-4 weeds each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment