I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

31/10/2016

Mog Anarchy's 1st Gunge Tank Experience!

I'm sure we all have a bucket list - things we'd like to do in our lives before we die - whether it's physically written down or just in your head, we all have a long list of things we'd like to accomplish, experience or achieve.

My bucket list includes such highlights as graduating from university, getting married, getting my own house, visiting Germany and of course - getting publicly gunged in a real gunge tank.

And on October 29th 2016, thanks to my friend Leigh, we made it happen.




I went along with him to help out with the gunge tank in general - you may not realise, but they're actually a massive pain in the arse - being made of glass, they're quite fragile - they also require a lot of set-up and of course, clean-up afterwards. The tank had been booked by a shopping centre in Stoke to raise money for a breast cancer charity - all good - and while I was there, I took a gunging to help with their fundraising and to be used as promo material for the gunge tank next year.

The tank itself can hold 90 litres, or 9 buckets - and thanks to the collection tank underneath, the gunge can be recycled and used again - my gunging consisted of around 5 buckets worth of recycled gunge...

When I was gunged, there were around 50 people gathered around to watch, in addition to all of the shoppers mooching around and people sitting in the nearby cafe - so quite a big audience for the first time I was publicly gunged...
The event organiser even had a microphone and speaker set up - he asked me before I stepped inside: "How are you feeling Dixie?"
"...A little nervous." I stammered in reply - a feeling of excitement and nervousness, to be honest.

So with a countdown from 10 - and his son pulling the release chain - I stood trembling with a mixture of dread and anticipation. After they all shouted ONE - the chain was pulled, and I was doused in thick, gloopy, green gunge - which was so thick and falling from such a height, knocked off my glasses quite spectacularly. I couldn't stop a stupid smile forming on my face, or the giggles.

Unsure what to do with my hands, I thought "go big or go home" and raised my fists with dual devil horns - which garnered a massive crowd reaction - I got a lot of cheers and applause. Afterwards, a group of old ladies expressed I was brave - to which I replied, "no, I'm just daft," - I was still giggling like a fool.

I was sent off to the underground staff area, leaving a gloopy trail behind me - where I cleaned up in their little toilet room - I'd taken along spare clothes and a towel, but the only water source I had was a tiny hand basin - which I just dunked my head into and washed my hair as best as I could until I got to have a proper shower later that evening. But, having been gunged so much before - you only get better at getting cleaned up.

So, that is the story of my first ever time in a proper gunge tank - and also my first public gunging. I doubt it'll be the last, either. :)

2 comments:

  1. You always look like you have fun in the mess. Be fun to gunge you.

    ReplyDelete