I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

14/06/2016

Mog Anarchy At The Wycombe Comic Con 2016

On Saturday the 11th of June, I went down to the Wycombe 2016 Comic Con with my mate Leigh. Admittedly as we both live in the North - it took us like seven hours to get there... Why does everything good have to be south of Manchester?

Anyway - we had MEDIA PASSES - so we got cool guest lanyards and wristbands and could essentially go wherever we liked. They also gave us free tins of Coke, cups of tea and sandwiches. Our job was to take lots of photographs for their official media - a job I quite enjoyed doing - especially asking to take photos of the numerous different cosplayers.

Admittedly as this was a comic convention, the majority of the stalls, cosplayers, celebrities signing autographs and props from TV and films were mainly to do with films, comics and TV - primarily Star Wars, Dr Who and Marvel/DC superhero comics. There was however some game stuff I was most interested in - and lots of different cosplayers from Disney movies and general nerdy/geeky tropes like zombies and monsters. It was great that there were tons of children and families there too - especially when you could tell the parents had chosen their costume based on how well it would fit with what their kid had chosen. 

It was so cool to see little kids going up to adults dressed as Spiderman or Stormtroopers and asking in a starstruck manner if they could ask their mam to get a photo of them together - and all of the cosplayers were great sports, some of them striking poses with their props and weapons. 

There was a ton of props there from the Dr Who TV series, as well as a replica of the KITT car from Nightrider and Bumblebee from Transformers. Oddly, there were celebrities from British TV shows there too - including Eastenders and Only Fools & Horses - stuff I didn't think would fit in with the general theme of a comic convention, but they went down pretty well.

Here's some photos I snapped of some cool video game merchandise people were selling in the trader section. The majority of this stuff is handmade and is awesome - perhaps a tad too pricey, but what do you expect for handmade stuff?
There was also this guy's stall, he was selling tons of retro consoles and games - it was all awesome stuff and looked like it was in good condition, but some of the prices were way too high. Though I suppose he had to justify the cost of renting the space to set up his stall...
Here's something that made me laugh though - remember those fake Chinese Pokémon Legos I reviewed not long ago? Well some dude was selling Lego minifigures for TWO POUNDS EACH - and I noticed THESE on his stall. Hmmmm...

Look at all these fucking Funko Pops. What an absolute waste of fucking plastic. Don't you just want to set fire to them? BURN EM ALL.
And here's a selection of awesome cosplayers, including Jessie and a Blastoise, various Dragon Age characters, a Vault Dweller and a zombie:
And here's my personal favourite cosplayer from the event - this girl pulled off an amazing Esmeralda cosplay - complete with a tambourine!

No comments:

Post a Comment